Wednesday, August 27, 2008

First day of school!











Today marked the first day of school for Brooklyn and Bella. Brooklyn started 2nd grade and Bella started kindergarten. The girls laid their clothes out the night before, and got quickly dressed and scarfed some breakfast so they could get out the door as soon as possible. We dropped Brieyn off at daycare and were on our way! Brooklyn rode the bus to school, like she has done for the past 2 years, and was so excited to go! Bella only had orientation today, so we went from 1:00 to 2:30, the kids got to do an activity and hear stories, while the parents learned about what they would be doing all year long! I have to say...when we were walking in to school, I asked Bella if she wanted to hold my hand...and she said no. Oh man, I was crushed, but in the same breath so proud that she is getting so grown up! She found her locker, mailbox, and desk, and got right to work on the project "the kissing hand" that Mrs. B had asked the kids to do. When the entire class was sitting on the carpet listening to a story, I was watching her wondering where the past 5.5 years had gone. She looked so confident sitting there, while I was anxious for it to be done so I could take her home with me and enjoy her just a bit more before she starts "full time" school on Friday!! Brooklyn, you will do amazing in 2nd grade, and Bella, I can't wait to watch you learn and learn and learn!!

2 comments:

Heather said...

awwwwwwwww it's bittersweet isn't it? You want them to thrive and grow but NOT TOO FAST lol.

The Kay Family said...

YAY!! I am so glad that you found our blog! Now we can be bloggin' buddies. I CANNOT believe how big your girls are, and congratulations on the littlest one, she is darling! Hope you are all doing well.