Sunday, October 19, 2008

Lesson learned?




All the "books" say, in order for kids to learn and grow to be productive adults, they need to be able to make mistakes on their own. So....Brooklyn (ya know - because she is a super-mature-grown-up 7 & 1/2 year old!) has decided that she no longer needs for me to do her hair in the mornings. I pick my battles, so sent her off to the bathroom to do her own hair. This was the hilarious result of her first attempt. According to her, not only was she trying to brush it, but she wanted to curl it as well. For most of you who really know us, we aren't "read-the-books" kind of parents, but I must say, they just may be on to something when it comes to kids, growing up, and natural consequences. :) And for the record....we were able to get the brush out of her hair without scissors!!!

2 comments:

Heather said...

O. M. G. lmao. Poor girl. AND poor mom lol. My sister use to do that crap all the time. lol

heather

C&C said...

OUCH! That is the funniest picture I have seen in awhile. I remember learning that lesson!