Monday, September 8, 2008

Kitchen.....before and after



















Ok, I have to admit, when we looked at this house for the first time....all I saw was the kitchen. It was very......green. I mean it was ALL green....from the olive green cabinets to the matching olive green appliances. Never in my life had I seen sooooo much green. And that was NOT a good thing. After we left, I told Derek that the kitchen was the first room we'd need to work on, because I could not see myself ever doing anything in there! Oh and another thing, I told Derek we were putting in a dishwasher because if you know me....you know that I don't wash anything by hand, unless its by force. :) So our original more thrifty plan was to refinish the cabinets. What a lame idea that was, Derek got them stripped and repainted and the wood started splitting and it was not a pretty site. So....off to Home Depot we went for new cabinets. Long story short, Derek and his dad did all the cabinets, Derek did the ceramic tile floors, and granite tile countertops all by himself. I love that he made me such a beautiful kitchen!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I love the new kitchen! It looks fabulous. I love the warm dark colors. Nice work!

Heather said...

Looks great! I love kitchens lmao, I could stay in Home Depot or Lowes all day long lol.

Mower Family said...

It's beautiful. I love the red cabinets. You guys did a great job.

C&C said...

Ooh, that looks great! What a big, big difference. Great job!

Laurel said...

wow thats amazing! you should submit that to some before and after design show!

Unknown said...

That IS a beautiful kitchen! I love the appliances and the colors you chose. How fun!

Sarah said...

Oh, I like it before. LOL

It looks great, way to go on the home improvement!!!